Action Space Mobile is an arts organisation that has been driving the arts for over 40 years. People are at the heart of what we do. We passionately believe that participating in arts activity can change lives positively for all. We are specialists in diversity.
What do we do?
We deliver a wide range of creative arts workshops using a diverse group of professionally trained artists (all CRB checked) whose skills include visual arts, craft, movement, dance, music (instrumental, vocal and compositional), storytelling, puppetry, film and digital projections.
Who do we work with?
· Children and adults with learning and physical disabilities
· People with mental health illnesses· People with alcohol and drug addictions
· Children in mainstream and special schools
· All people in the local community
· Asylum seekers and refugees
· The elderly
· Students in higher education
· Newly qualified artists and volunteers
· International communities
Above photo by R. Mullany: members of In the Boat with Mary Turner, Artistic Director of Action Space Mobile at the launch event of Mary's book Action Space Extended in November 2012
Examples of our work include:
· Touring theatre productions
· Theatre skills workshops for adults of all ages with learning disabilities
· Arts and adventure activities for children with and without special needs
· Therapeutic arts workshops
· Making mosaics, banners, masks, shadow puppets, maps, felt,
wall-hangings, carnival items, montage, rangoli, lanterns, scarecrows,
illuminated ice balls and much more
· Video jockeying, film making and editing workshops
· Recreating one art form into another, for example, turning a poem into a painting
We welcome commissions to deliver any of the above activities or to create
one for your specific needs.
Contact Action Space Mobile on: 01226 391 112;
Action Space Mobile - professional participatory arts